8/9/11

CD 11

Today was met with a slammin' headache that just about wiped me out. At one point I was sitting at my desk and just watching the minutes tick by. Anyway, I finally broke down and took a couple of Excedrin Migraine pills. Ugh!

Cycle wise, this cycle seems to be getting back to the more normal cycle pattern I had the month before last. Thank goodness! Last month was ridiculous! We're not really doing anything differently this cycle than the last, with the exception of adding Maca and L-Arginine. J and I both began taking them last Sunday, I'm not going to jump the gun and proclaim these miracle drugs but I definitely can tell a difference.

One thing that the doctor stressed to me when I met with her was that sex and baby-making sex are two different things. If we're waiting to fool around til when we're in the mood than it's probably not going to happen. I guess that probably falls into what should have been obvious, but it was nice to hear it from her. I think it was particularly useful for J to hear. Between the new drugs we're taking and the doctor's recommendations I can really see him making more effort.

I'm CD 11 today and will probably ovulate sometime toward the end of this week. I think my three month tracking average puts me around CD 18, though going on how I'm feeling I would guess that it will probably happen within the next five days.

I've been really struggling with the idea of intentionally trying to get pregnant during this period of unemployment for us. J lost his job as VP of Operations about a year ago, and until the last couple of months, hasn't gotten a lot of response back on the resumes he's sent off. He has interviews set up every day this week, two of which require that he commute to other cities. Since June we've been getting positive feedback about once a week in the form of an interview or email so I think we're definitely headed in the right direction.

It ultimately came down to us having to make a choice. What is the higher risk for us? The risk of getting pregnant during a time where insurance (private) may or may not opt to cover us and while we're operating on unemployment compensation and my meager salary, or risking that we will simply age out of viable pregnancy age and not successfully conceive. While I'm sure it would seem irresponsible to many, the risk of missing out on the opportunity to have children was the higher risk to us. We have some money in the bank, we are both highly educated (we each have Master's), we have solid employment histories, and we have faith. Hopefully, in the end it will be enough. So far, the worst question, and one that remains unanswered thus far, is whether our new private BCBS plan will cover maternity stuff sooner than a year. New policy holders have to wait a year, but we've had BCBS for years, most recently under COBRA coverage. We simply opted to go with private BCBS when our COBRA coverage ended on July 31st. Still BCBS, but different policy number. I imagine that they'll try and say that we have to wait. Something more to worry about. My goal for this week (or one of them, anyway), is to finally pin down, once and for all, our new insurance policies.

Sometimes being a grown-up really sucks. I can remember a time not too long ago where my biggest concern was NOT getting pregnant and I could have cared less if I had medical insurance!


No comments:

Post a Comment