8/11/11

Dip Me Baby!

So just when I think I’ve got this whole tracking thing figured out, my body goes and changes everything! When I began tracking last May I was surprised to find that I didn’t ovulate until CD 20. This meant that I only had a nine day luteal phase- something that concerned me. In June I began taking Vitamin B12 and saw ovulation on CD 16- a vast improvement! Encouraged by my results I added B6 to my regime believing that this would further regulate my ovulation and lengthen my luteal phase. Nope! July was CD 18. Grrr.

In the mean time I began researching (okay, who am I kidding here? I continued researching!) and discovered Maca and L-Arginine. Because I was also frustrated by J’s low sex drive and both of these things seemed to also assist in that area we trucked off to the store and found some. We each began taking them last Sunday and have been able to discern a noticeable difference! Wowza! I have a younger version of my fantastic husband back! J

So imagine my surprise when I took my temperature this morning and found what could only be explained as a pre-ovulation dip! On CD 13!!! Gah! How in the world am I supposed to BD during the times when it’ll be the most useful when my ovulation date changes so drastically?? Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled that it looks like I’m going to ovulate “on time” this month, but seriously. I know the answer is to simply BD every day/every other day until I get cross-hairs, but frankly, that’s not always possible. I need a window that we can count on and right now it looks like my body is messing with me big time! The best that I can figure I have a pre-ovulatory dip about four days before my real ovulation dip. If this is true, I should ovulate on Sunday. I guess if it plays out that way, I'm lucky because I'll know in the future to watch for that first dip.

In other news, J has a HUGE interview today with a company about two hours from where we live. Please keep him in your prayers! It would be beyond phenomenal if he was offered a position with this company. Frankly, I’m trying hard not to think about it right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment