8/18/11

A Request

I think one of the more frustrating things for me about this process is the dichotomy that exists within it.

On the one hand, conception, pregnancy, babies, ovulation, etc are on my mind constantly. My need to research and find information is insatiable at times. I never tire of meeting other women in my same mental place- the idea of intentionally doing the one thing that I have consistently spent over half of my life trying to avoid is both terrifying and exhilarating! What if I get pregnant? Hell, what if I never do?

On the other hand, I am a very private person by nature. I'm not comfortable discussing any of these subjects with co-workers, most friends (only my closest know we're trying), family, etc. Is is just me or do you feel like announcing your intention to conceive is tantamount to announcing to the world that your going to have lots and lots of unprotected sex? I'm not a prude, far from it! My Italian upbringing made me very open minded and generally pretty unrepentant about that part of my life.

Except for now. For some reason this feels different.

Maybe it's because it's such a sensitive subject to me. My longing to have another child is all encompassing. It's intensely personal and sacred to me (and by extension, my husband).

It is for that reason that I have opted to keep this blog separate from the other one I've had for years. My other blog was generally created for family to keep up with us and still primarily serves that function.

My other blog is at sunbeamsanddragonflies. Please feel free to hop back and forth, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't reference this blog. I think I'd die of mortification if I found out that my mother was privy to our BD schedule!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your desire to keep it private. I had to completely change my URL and become anonymous after someone in real life (who I didn't want to read it) discovered me.

    I totally relate to the" I've been trying to avoid this for half my life!" mentality! Takes some getting used to! Good luck, and I am looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete