8/27/11

CD 29: 14 DPO: Exhausted

I've decided to give up pretending that I get what's going on with my body right now. Clearly, everything I thought that I knew, having been IN this body for almost 36 years is wrong. Believe me, it's shocking to me too!

Let me explain. Pretty much since I delivered my son (over fifteen years ago- yeouch!) my cycles have been predictable and boring. I'm good with boring. I spent years on Depo Provera, during which time I didn't menstruate- with the exception of those years, every cycle has been exactly the same.

I get a little grouchy the week before I start. I may get a mild back ache the day before I start but that's about it. My skin may break out a little a few days before but other than that I am symptomless until the day I start. Day one brings medium grade menstrual cramping, a headache, more bitchiness, and a general feeling of being worn out. Day two I'm pretty much back to normal, save a little less energy, and day three is totally back to normal.

That's it.

I am anticipating starting CD 1 tomorrow. That's what my calendar says, my temperature dived today (like REEEEAAAALLLY dived) so I'm assuming that I'm not pregnant. What's weird is that I have been exhausted all week. Like so tired I can barely keep my eyes open at night (I'm generally a night owl). To top it off I've been having menstrual type cramping on and off all week long. Not cool body. Not cool at all. My husband, son, and I traveled out of town yesterday to attend my son's rifle competition. By the time we got to the hotel I had determined that a run to the store was in order as I didn't bring any supplies with me. It might sound weird to travel this close to starting and not pack supplies, but honestly, I'm like clockwork. I wasn't due to start until Sunday and I knew that we'd be getting back home on Saturday evening. Hence, I didn't pack anything.

So off to the store we went. Supplies in hand I returned to the hotel where I curled into a ball and tried to fall asleep. I finally gave up and took a warm bath to try and soothe the cramping. I was so sure that I was starting that I actually slept with a pad last night so as not to risk messing up the nice Hilton linens.

And yet when I got up this morning. Nothing.

Well, nothing except this nice temperature dive.

I imagine that sometime tomorrow AF will join me. It sure feels like it! I just wish I understood why I've been having all of these menstrual symptoms all week long. It bugs me only because it's so atypical.

I'm ready to start just so I can start over and try again. I think this time we're going to be trying the sperm meets egg plan I've heard so many good things about. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, it is so frustrating when you pay such close attention to your body and still can't figure out what is going on. I feel your pain! Hang in there. And thanks for your comment on my post today - I keep going back to it for encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. I appreciate the fact that others get how frustrating this whole process is! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete